This Privacy Notice is effective as of December 1st, 2019 At We Build A Better U, we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which we operate. In the normal course of its business activities, We Build A Better U collects, uses, and sometimes shares personal information of various individuals and organizations in order to run its day-to-day operations. This Privacy Notice describes We Build A Better U’s general privacy practices that apply to such personal information collection and use. This Notice does not apply to personal information relating to employees, applicants for employment, and temporary contractors providing services to We Build A Better U including others in relationships with such persons that are relevant to their relationship with We Build A Better U (such as for emergency contact and benefits purposes). For information regarding We Build A Better U’s processing of such data, see the We Build A Better U Staff Privacy Notice. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT in describing our collection, use, and sharing of information in this Notice, we refer to our collection and use of “Personal Information.” “Personal Information,” as used in this Notice, is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person. Examples of Personal Information include first and last name, mailing address, email address, billing information, IP address, other online contact information, or telephone number. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We collect Personal Information in three ways:
- We collect information you provide to us in optional, voluntary submissions, such as in registration forms, user profiles, promotional signups, sweepstakes/contest entries, requests for customer service, software and mobile applications downloads.
- We may collect some Personal Information automatically. This is described below in “Passive Data Collection.”
- We may also obtain information, including Personal Information, from third party sources. If we directly combine information from third parties with Personal Information that we have collected, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information and handle it in accordance with this Notice. In addition, please note that we may solicit third parties to collect Personal Information on our behalf such as social media platform providers and in such cases we instruct those third parties to comply with this Notice and all applicable data protection laws.
- You may access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)